Chief Commercial Officer
Viking Supply Ships er et tradisjonsrikt rederi med lang historie på Sørlandet.
Selskapet ble opprinnelig stiftet i 1946 av Bendt Rasmussen og har i mer enn 40 år vært blant de ledende aktørene i offshore-supply næringen i Nordsjøen. Siden år 2000 har selskapet bygget opp en unik kompetanse innen isbryting og supply-tjenester i værutsatte områder. Selskapet fokuserer i dag sin aktivitet rundt offshore-supply i arktiske og sub-arktiske områder. Selskapet er i dag notert på Nasdaq i Stockholm, med Christen Sveaas som majoritetsaksjonær gjennom sitt investeringsselskap Kistefos. Flåten består i dag av totalt 10 fartøy, hvorav 4 ankerhåndteringsfartøy av høy isklasse, 5 isbrytere og en ankerhåndterer. Vi har sterkt fokus på mennesker og samarbeid - og våre 350 ansatte arbeider hardt for å nå vårt mål om å være den foretrukne samarbeidspartneren innen offshore under kalde klimatiske forhold, der vi har unik kompetanse. Selskapet har i løpet av 2018 flyttet en større del av operasjonen tilbake til Norge, og skal i den anledning styrke bemanningen med en Chief Commercial Officer.
Challenging commercial role in a hectic and international environment
Viking Supply Ships is positioned for further growth, and we are now searching for a proactive and business oriented Executive. The role will play a vital part of the top management team and the strategic development of Company.
As the Chief Commercial Officer you will manage the Commercial Department, including personell management and responsibility for chartering and business development. There will be focus on expanding the operations and positioning the fleet, as the preferred partner within the harsh environment Artic regions.
We offer a unique opportunity to influence the strategy and the development of a well-established shipowner. Viking Supply Ships holds a strong financial position and has ambitions for further growth and market development.
Please find more relevant information at our website, or watch a video describing the offshore conditions.
- Management of the Commercial Department, including personell management and responsibility for chartering and business development
- Secure up to date market insight, keeping our fleet relevant and positioned to short and longterm tenders
- Marketing of the Company and vessels, focusing on expanding the operations and positioning the fleet as the preferred partner within the harsh environment offshore regions
- Seek new ventures showing a frequent and proactive approach to build world wide relations at exiting and potential customers, including vessel contract negotiations and close contact with Charterers and Brokers
- Business development focusing on identifying and development of new offshore market ventures
- Together with the Management Team play an important role in establishing the new Company strategy
- Higher education within business, maritime or other relevant specialization
- Relevant managerial and commercial background from shipowner, brokerage business or oil company
- Insight and relevant professional network within the industry, preferably from partners operating in the Artic regions
- Full English proficiency
- Persuasive, socially confident and strong communication skills
- Strategic and commercial preferences with abilty to adapt to market changes and executing business opportunities
- Analytical capabilities both in relations to business development, negotiations and commercial thinking
- Forward thinking, organized and tough minded
- Keeping an ongoing and positive approach coping with pressures and setbacks
- Independent and motivated by delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- A challenging and business oriented top management role in a hectic and international environment
- An unique opportunity to influence the strategy and the development of a well-established shipowner
- Viking Supply Ships holds a strong financial position and has ambitions for further growth and market development
- Attractive renumeration package at a company with a strong reputation and a established track record in offshore operations
The position is located in Kristiansand (Norway), reports to the Chief Executive Officer and attend as a vital part of the top Management Team
Please contact our headhunters Stefan Jensen or Frank Amundlien in SelectionPartner for a non-binding and confidential conversation
You can also apply the position by uploading your CV
Do you know any potential candidates, please send us your confidential candidate lead